Thursday 25 July 2013

Apologies For My Absence



So, I've been out of action for some time now! Sorry. I'm now 16 weeks pregnant, and I hate to admit that I'm not having the best time. I've felt generally rubbish throughout, and have struggled to find the time to write at all. But I'd like to give you all an update on my pregnancy so far. 

I seem to be suffering far more, and much earlier on than I ever did with the other 3. In fact, for a long while Mr P and I were convinced I'd got more than one baby in there! Everything just seemed amplified, from my constant nausea to my huge bump. We were certain that the scan would either reveal a multiple pregnancy, or that I was in fact much further along than we thought. 

The scan date arrived, and I have to say, I deflated slightly when the sonographer found just the one baby. This feeling soon lifted when I saw the little flicker of baby's heartbeat on the screen. How could I possibly be disappointed with the little miracle growing inside me? And in the grand scheme of things, twins would be more than a handful on top of the 3 I've already got! 

I can't say I'm looking forward to the weeks ahead. At 16 weeks I'm already struggling with the headache from hell, my legs are riddled with painful varicose veins, the phlebitis in my left ankle is a burning mess, and my hips are starting to ache at night. All symptoms I've experienced in previous pregnancies, but never this early on. And I'm sure there's more to come with the odd bout of heartburn, a bit more nausea, baby jabbing me in the ribs. 

But would I change a thing? Absolutely not! I may not particularly enjoy the whole pregnancy process, but just look at the end result! All the aches and pains and moans and gripes are totally worth it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment