Monday 13 May 2013

Birthday Musings

It's my birthday today. 27 years young! I honestly don't know where the years are going. My little sister takes her first GCSE exam today, and it seems like only yesterday that it was myself in her position. I struggle to comprehend where the last 11 years have gone.

I remember wishing my school days away, as most people probably do. Wishing I was old enough to 'do what I want'. And I remember my school days dragging by so slowly! But since I left school, someone seems to have hit the fast forward button and I wish I knew how to slow it back down. I'm fast approaching 30 and the thought terrifies me. I can't explain why it fills me with such dread, but being in my twenties sounds so much younger being in my thirties.

Then I look at everything I've got in life. I'm just 27 years old and already I've met the man of my dreams, married him and had 3 (soon to be 4) children with him. We own a beautiful home in a lovely neighbourhood. How many people my age are able to say they have all this? I'm incredibly lucky that I'm able to be a stay at home mum. I love being the one who takes the children to school, and the one who collects them again at the end of the day. Or if one of them gets sick and needs collecting early, I'm there. I wouldn't want it any other way.

So, back to the point. It's my birthday! I love my birthday (aside from the fact that it makes me another year older!) I've had some lovely gifts, a camera, a bracelet, a purse and some smellies. Mr P and I went out for a celebratory meal on Saturday, which was wonderful. And my children are behaving for once! This in itself is a very rare occasion. This evening I'm going to treat myself to a lovely bubble bath, rock and roll I know, but my usual glass or 2 of wine is perhaps not the best idea in my condition, so a bubble bath it is.

Well, there you go... Happy birthday me! I'll be back again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, don't tell me about how quickly the time flies! I'm over half way through my thirties this year and it was only two seconds ago I was doing gcse myself! Happy birthday! And the trick is to make the most of every minute :)

    ReplyDelete