Thursday 2 May 2013

House to Home - Finally


Just a short entry today. Things have been a bit busy here recently. 

This time last year, Mr P and I decided it was time to move house. We lived in a three bed Victorian terraced house and our family had rapidly outgrown it. We had four children, all sharing one bedroom, and our fifth in the box room. We needed somewhere bigger! So we bought this place, our forever home. 

We'd been saving for a long time and we spent every penny we had in order to move. The house we bought was a new build, so we had a lovely blank canvas to work with. Unfortunately we didn't have the funds to do anything with it! So for the past ten months we've been surrounded by magnolia. And nice and fresh as it was to start with, it soon started to look grubby. Cream walls plus three little people are not the best combination! 

We've gradually found our feet again since we moved in and have recently started to decorate. I cannot tell you how good it feels to finally be adding some colour to the place! We're attacking it bit by bit, one room at a time. At the moment we're half way through the lounge/dining room. We have tried our hand at wallpapering for the first time ever and we've done a pretty good job if I do say so myself. Ok, so I mainly stood and watched while my husband did all the work, but I did a great job of making tea! 

I can't wait to go shopping now for all the little bits and bobs. Lamps, pictures, the finishing touches. After being our new house for nearly a year, it's finally starting to feel more like our home. Hopefully by the end of the year, every room in the house will have a little bit of our personality stamped on it. My daughter has already requested a rainbow in her room. I'm looking forward to seeing that one become reality.

So this is why I've been a bit quiet lately. I've barely found time to sit and have a coffee, never mind think about writing! Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for my next entry.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love decorating, I'm doing up our hallway at the minute and it's so exciting - you will have to share some photos I love looking at other people's houses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to when it's all done :-)

      Delete
    2. I love the photo you posted, your new dining/lounge room looks beautiful and well done on the wallpapering it looks totally fab. Hope you have lots of fun times and enjoy it with your family xx

      Delete