Friday 17 May 2013

My Not So Secret Secret


So, last week I found out I'm pregnant. Unexpected but thrilled to be adding to our brood. We told all the important people; parents, siblings and close friends, and decided that would be it until the first scan. 

Well, I'm clearly rubbish at keeping secrets! It just keeps falling out of my mouth. I'll be having a conversation with another mum on the school yard and blurt out that I'm having a baby. So many people know that I've now forgotten who I've told and who I haven't. I swear I need my mouth taping shut (which could also help me to stop filling my face with food! I just cannot stop eating!!)

Someone asked me the other day what I'll do with myself when my youngest starts nursery in September and instead of just coming up with a general 'oh, I'm sure I'll find something to occupy me' I said 'that won't be a problem come January once the new baby's born'. I'm so excited about it, I just can't help myself! 

Then there's my old work friend. She has a nearly 1 year old and is about 10 weeks pregnant with her second. When she told me about it I'd said that we were planning on trying next year. She told me to pull my finger out because she wanted a bump buddy. So of course I had to tell her that she'd got her own way! 

I'd arranged to have gossip over a bottle of wine with one of the school mums and when she text me to ask when we were doing it I told her she might have to wait 9 months or so. Technically, I didn't tell her, she guessed! But still, another one to add to the tally! 

Mr P on the other hand has been excellent at keeping the secret. He puts me to shame! I wish I knew how he did it. I just have zero control over my mouth. I even told the lady who runs the cafe I regularly drink at. I can't even explain that one. We weren't even having a conversation that could have led to me revealing my pregnancy. I think my husband needs to give me lessons on keeping quiet! 

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about it! You're obviously thrilled baby number 6 is on the way, can't wait to read all about your progressing pregnancy xx

    ReplyDelete